Developer, Cornerstones Education — 2017-Present
- Responsible for maintaining the below systems and development of a new product.
Senior Developer, HACKSAW — 2014-2017
Developer, HACKSAW — 2012-2014
- Built WordPress themes and plugins for a wide range of clients
- Created and maintained a range of products and systems for a specific client in the education sector, in use in over 1,500 schools and with more than 30,000 users. These include:
- A bespoke Laravel based system for managing and tracking pupil progress which produces reports and graphs on subsets or individual pupils for parent evenings, Ofsted inspections etc.
- WordPress based teaching resource portal with social features
- WooCommerce based e-commerce platform selling educational materials
- Bespoke single sign on-like system which syncs profile information between web apps, using a background queue process and Gravatar clone to allow users to upload avatars.
- CMS & Frameworks – Laravel, WordPress, BuddyPress, WooCommerce, Node.js
- Front end – Vue.js, Compass, Zurb Foundation, Bootstrap
- Build and workflow – Git, Webpack, SASS, Trello, Slack, Bitbucket Pipelines, AWS EB