Every now and then, when you try to open a media file, Windows Media Player does nothing for about 30 seconds and then comes up with this cryptic dialog box:
Luckily it’s easy to fix:
- Open Command Prompt as Administrator (Click Start, Type cmd, right Click Command Prompt, select Run as Administrator)
- Type regsvr32 jscript.dll and press enter.
- A dialog will pop up. Click OK
- Now type regsvr32 vbscript.dll and press enter again.
- Click OK again
- Close Command Prompt and try opening the file again!